Enhancing quality of life
We’re proud of the role we play in building strong Virginia communities. In addition to providing an essential energy service, we donate our time, talent, and more than $350,000 annually in financial contributions to charitable organizations that share our mission of meeting basic human needs. As part of that effort, we support many organizations that provide assistance during times of individual and community crisis, including local food banks, relief agencies, and emergency responders. We also encourage employee volunteerism through the NiSource Dollars for Doers program, which contributes up to $500 per employee to organizations where members of our team volunteer. We support organizations with these key areas:
- Safety: Emergency Assistance & Disaster Preparedness, First Aid, Safety Education & Energy Safety
- Economic & Workforce Development: Retention And Attraction Of Job Opportunities; Energy Infrastructure; Community Vitality
- Environmental Stewardship: Protection and Restoration of Natural Resources, Energy Conservation and Environmental
- STEM and Energy Education: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Energy Education
- Basic Needs & Hardship Assistance: Food, Shelter, Heating Assistance and Social Service
Supporting those most in need
Each year, hundreds of our customers in need of financial support receive aid through HeatShare, our special heating assistance program administered by Dollar Energy Fund. HeatShare is funded by donations from caring customers, which are matched by Columbia Gas.
Start the conversation
For more information on grant funding, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.