Have a Plan in Place
Keep you and your family safe during emergencies resulting from natural disasters that could cause your gas service to be interrupted.
- Visit Ready Virginia for tips on how to create a plan
- Know how to shut off the natural gas valve to your natural gas appliances
- Know how to shut off your natural gas meter
- Have a cellular phone and/or standard landline phone (cordless phones will not work during a power outage)
- Identify an out-of-town contact
- Create and practice your evacuation plan
- Prepare to assist your neighbors, especially the elderly or people with special needs
Visit Ready Virginia for more information about creating a plan and preparing your home or business for natural disasters.