Free, Simple Ways Columbia Gas Customers Can Save on Earth Day, Every Day
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Contact: Bob Innes
(804) 512-1425 - cellular
Chester, VA – April 17, 2013 - With Earth Day approaching, Columbia Gas of Virginia is reminding customers about the free and simple ways they can save energy and money with the WarmWise program.
WarmWise is Columbia Gas of Virginia’s energy efficiency and conservation program designed to help residential and business customers lower their energy costs and conserve our natural resources. It is estimated that since its launch, WarmWise has helped customers collectively save more than $3 million dollars.
Residential customers can experience the savings in three ways:
• Free Home Savings Evaluation—an online energy audit that provides customers with a personalized report about how to save money and reduce energy usage.
• Free Energy Efficiency Kit—after taking the Home Savings Evaluation, Columbia Gas will send customers an energy efficiency kit including a kitchen faucet aerator, bathroom faucet aerators and high-efficiency shower heads. Installation of the items can help customers save money on their natural gas bills.
• Cash Back Rebates—our residential customers can receive cash back rebates of up to $450 or more for installing qualifying energy-saving equipment such as furnaces, insulation, windows and more.
Columbia Gas of Virginia business customers with a commercial rate schedule can reduce their energy costs by as much as 35 percent in three ways:
• Business Savings Program—provides business customers with the opportunity to save up to $400 or more in cash back rebates for purchasing and installing qualifying energy efficient equipment such as boiler controls, infrared heaters and water heaters.
• Business Custom Program—helps customers receive cash back rebates for the energy-saving equipment upgrades that are not covered in the Business Savings Program.
• Free Pre-Rinse Spray Valve— for qualifying business customers while supplies last and can help save up to $1,300 on energy bills each year.
Business and residential customers can receive more than one WarmWise rebate while funds remain available. For more information about how to experience the savings with WarmWise visit WarmWiseVA.com and follow us on twitter @WarmWiseVA.
About Columbia Gas of Virginia
Columbia Gas of Virginia delivers safe, reliable and clean natural gas to over 245,000 customers in portions of Northern Virginia, Hampton Roads, suburban Richmond, Central Virginia, and the Shenandoah Valley, the Lynchburg region and parts of Western Virginia. With headquarters in Chesterfield County, the company is one of the 7 energy distribution companies of NiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI) serving 3.8 million natural gas and electric customers. Always call 811 before you dig and Dig with CARE. Learn more at www.ColumbiaGasVa.com.