Convenient and Environmentally Responsible
We offer two methods for receiving your Columbia Gas bill electronically. Both methods will reduce paper clutter and your carbon footprint. We call that a "win-win" for our customers and the environment!
Columbia Gas of Virginia Direct e-Bill
Enjoy these benefits of receiving your bill electronically through Columbia Gas:
- No separate user ID or password to remember - Log in just once to our website to view and pay your bill!
- Save time - No more waiting for your bill to arrive in the mail. We'll send you an email notification with a link to our website when your bill is ready to view on the same day it's rendered.
- Convenience - Check out other information about your account or your natural gas service while you're on our website.
- Keep electronic records - Stop sorting through piles of paper bills. Build a history of your bills and payments online.
- Secure billing - Did you know that paper bills can pass through the hands of as many as 10 people? The majority of identity theft starts with someone seeing personal information on a paper check, billing statement or bank account statement. Direct e-Bill limits your risk of identity theft by reducing the flow of personal information from unsecured mailboxes, where paper mail can be a target for theft.
- Choose your preferred method of payment - Although it's easiest to pay your bill online while you're logged in to your account or through our ZipCheck automatic payment service, you can pay by any available method you choose.
- It's free! No premiums, no enrollment charge, no access fees - no hassle!
Please note: If you are currently enrolled in CheckFree e-Bill, you will need to cancel that option before you can enroll in Columbia Gas Direct e-Bill. Visit the Checkfree website to submit your cancellation request online. CheckFree typically processes cancellations by the next day. You can check the status of your enrollment on the Account Summary screen on this site before signing up for Direct e-Bill.
How to Enroll in Direct e-Bill
Enrolling in Direct e-Bill is easy - and immediate. Just log in to your account and follow the easy, three-step process to request Direct e-Bill and confirm your email address. As long as you sign up by the day before your billing date, you'll receive an email notification when your next bill is available to view on our website.
Bill Inserts Are Included
When you receive our monthly Direct e-Bill email, you will also receive links to important information that is typically included with paper bills. These bill inserts will appear as links to our website and will contain important information about your account, natural gas safety tips, energy efficiency and our quarterly newsletter.
Your first notification will confirm that your email address is valid. You also will receive one additional paper bill in the mail from Columbia Gas that month. If you change your email address, please remember to update your account profile to ensure we send your Direct e-Bill without delay.
How to Cancel Direct e-Bill
If you want to change back to paper bills, just log in to your account and follow the quick and easy steps to cancel Direct e-Bill.
CheckFree e-Bill – Another Paperless Option
You also can choose to sign up for free, monthly paperless billing and online payments through CheckFree, an industry leader in online billing and payment services. With CheckFree, you might be able to view and pay bills from multiple billers from their website.
Enroll online at the CheckFree website.
With instant activation, you can view your most recent bill while you're online. There's no enrollment fee or waiting period for approvals. For your account protection, you'll be asked to create a personal user id and password.
CheckFree also offers an online payment service, which can be accessed through their website or through a link on your e-Bill. To use this online payment tool, you'll be asked to provide your Social Security number and information about your financial institution to authorize electronic payment from your checking account. Keep in mind that online payments made through CheckFree might take up to five business days to post to your Columbia Gas account. If you submit your payment on or after the due date of the bill, be sure to call us and report your payment receipt number.
Once you sign up for online e-Bill delivery, you'll receive just one more paper bill in the mail from Columbia Gas of Virginia. You can print your e-Bill or store it in an electronic file for your records.