Clean, Abundant, Domestic, Jobs
Natural gas is the cleanest and most abundant fossil fuel. It is produced domestically and provides millions of Americans with jobs. Continue reading to learn more about the clean, abundant, domestic and job-producing fossil fuel that is natural gas.
- When used to generate electricity, natural gas burns cleaner than other fuels, with less pollutants and no mercury.
- Natural gas is an essential partner to the development of renewables, providing clean, reliable power when the sun sets or wind dies down.
- Natural gas vehicles emit 25% less CO2 than vehicles that run on traditional gasoline or diesel.
- Most experts agree that we currently have more natural gas than Saudi Arabia has oil.
- Today, the United States is the world's largest producer of natural gas.
- More than 90% of the natural gas used in the U.S. is produced in America.
- Natural gas production reduces the United States' dependency on foreign oil.
- This made-in-America energy source helps create jobs and supports local economies, while advancing our national security and energy independence.
- More than 2.8 million jobs support the natural gas industry.
- The production of natural gas from shale alone will create more than 800,000 jobs by 2015 and 1.6 million jobs by 2035. Developing America's shale natural gas will contribute more than $118 billion and $231 billion to our economy in 2015 and 2035, respectively.